Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mariners







Today (Wednesday) was a sad day, specially for Sofia. Helena was going back to Sweden. Sofia was really sad and cried all morning. It was heartbreaking to see and now they won't meet in one year! But then the family is moving home to Sweden and they'll be neighbours, but one year is long time for a little girl.
Filip had his R practice again so we went there, all three of us and me and Sofia looked in a magazine while Filip was in. This time he got a home work but I don't really know how to do that. It's hard since we don't know the sounds and stuff but hopefully Filip know by himself.
Back home, me and Sofia made chocolate balls. It's really messy but they are so good ;)
Patrizia called and said that the kids could have a play date if they wanted. Both of them could go to their place and I was like: YES!!! Cause I had a appointment at the doctor for my final check up on the wound so that would be perfect for me. We just had lunch at home and then I drove them there. I knew that they had a pool so I brought the kids their swim suits so that they could jump in if they felt like it.
It went fine at the doctor and he just changed my dressing and said that I should keep that a couple of days and then just change to a band aid and let the wound close up. I'm glad that the medication helps and that it's getting better so I can start living again!!! I mean, to be able to swim, play soccer and tan properly ;)
I called Patrizia to see how it was going and it was fine so the kids could stay there for a bit longer. I took the opportunity to rest which was really nice cause I was so tired, again.
The kids had had a great time at their friends house. They had been in the pool most of the time and didn't want to leave when I came, which is funny cause they didn't really want to go there in the first place ;)
Back home me and Filip played Monopoly again for the first time in a while but we didn't have time to finish cause I was going to watch the Mariners play tonight as the monthly activity with my au pair agency.
I had told Lotta that I needed to go at 5:30 cause the game was at 7 and I had to go to M's place first but Jonas didn't show up until 5:45 so me and Anna had to rush to Kadda's instead where M picked us up. With us was also Goska so we were a full car which is great when U split the parking fee ;)
We came there just in time and parked in the garage next to the Safeco Field which was perfect. We had seats pretty high up and we could see the whole field really good. There were already a lot of au pairs and this time were also the Seattle au pairs there so a lot of people. I met Jacob, the Swedish guy I flew here with, and Patric, the German guy that's friend with Anna.
I felt like being a real American so I bought a beer and me and M shared the traditional garlic fries ;) They were good but and they gave U a slice of apple so that U would feel fresh in the mouth afterwards, it didn't help ;)
Baseball is more of a social thing than fanatic watching. I mean, we talked, ate and walked around while they were playing but it's just because a game can be really long since the innings are not time limited. We left before the game was over, I think around the 5th inning and a full game is 9. When we left, Texas was in the lead and I think they won also.
Cause we also got a $5 gift card, me and Anna bought a cap with the Mariner's sign on it which was really cool ;) Now we look even more the same ;)
This weekend is the big Sea Fair in Seattle and today was when all the sailors came back from the sea so there were a lot of white dressed hotties walking on the streets when we drove home. We cheered on them and at a red light, M pulls up her camera and takes a picture on a gang of officers :) They were posing for her and it was just hilarious ;) Anna didn't know that the window was down so she made a LOUD "Excuse me" sound and everyone on the sidewalk looked in to our car...hahahah we laughed long for that.
A great night with the girls but I wish we could have stayed in Seattle to get to know some sailors ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment