Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Tacoma zoo & aquarium
















Today (Thursday) Filip had his R practise in the morning so we went there and when we were back home, I packed the lunch bag and then we left to go to the zoo & aquarium in Tacoma. I've heard so much good things about it and Lotta also and the kids wanted to go so I thought this was a perfect thing to do today when the weather was not that great. It was grey and it rained some when we were on the road but when we got there the sun came out.
Before we went there, we stopped at the bank and I put all my coins from my piggy bank on to my account. $50 was the amount and that's from savings through the year, pretty good.
It took us about 45 minutes to get there but I had the Acura, since the SAAB broke down yesterday, so it was a smooth drive. We arrived a bit after lunch time so the first thing we did after paying the entrance was to eat. It was really sunny and warm now so it was nice sitting outside and enjoy some good sandwiches. But the piece didn't last long cause soon we couldn't find Lotta's camera that Sofia had brought. She was responsible for it and we couldn't find it anywhere. She asked me to check in the bag but I couldn't find it and I was sure that she had it last so I was a bit upset on her. Then I looked once more in my bag and found it ;) Sorry Sofia!
We started our animal tour with the biggest attraction for us, the POLAR BEARS!!! OMG, they were so cool. I never thought I would see a polar bear and we stayed there for a while and saw them eat and dive in the water. Filip was the camera man and got some really cool pictures.'
Then we saw the walruses that also were really cool, we saw the seals, the tiger cubs that were so cute!! We saw the new cheetahs laying up in the trees, the monkeys, elephants and the big aquarium with sharks and sea horses. Everything was really cool and we had a great time. We had a snack break where Sofia got cotton candy, Filip a soda and I took a ice cream ;) We went to one of those photo booths where I wanted to have a nice picture of me with the kids and the cost was $5. I started to put in money and when I came to $2 I realized I only had $4 ;) There weren't any cancel button so I couldn't get the money back. Good for the next person ;) Whatever.
We went in to the big budgie cage and bought a little stick with some bird food on and then we got the bird to land on our sticks and eat. They were really cute and it was fun that they came so close.
Before we went home, we went in to the souvenir shop where they had a lot of nice stuff. I bought a little polar bear as a memory from my first meeting with the amazing animal. Sofia also bought a little polar bear and Filip took a shark tooth, we all got a little memory from our great day at the zoo.
It took longer to go home cause it was rush hour but it was OK. We picked up Jonas from work cause they had gone by bus this morning and then we went home and ate dinner.
Me and Kadda needed to book the rest of our trip so she came to my place around 8 and we started to look stuff up and planned some more on our big California trip. I'm really excited and when she left at around 10 we had the hostel in Los Angeles, the car and the Grand Canyon tickets. We want to wait some more before we bye the ticket to Las Vegas in case it gets cheaper but I don't know. The weirdest thing was when I wanted to book the car. We wanted to have it from Enterprise cause it's the cheapest one but when I called the main office the lady told me that it wasn't possible to get a one way rental between L.A and San Fransisco. OK, so we searched for other companies but they were all expensive so I called again to Enterprise just to check cause on their home page they say it's possible. This time it was a guy who answered and he also said it wasn't possible. But he was more helpful cause he gave me the number to the office in L.A and also a number to their daughter company. So I called down to L.A and he said: "No problem!' So weird. But whatever, now we have a car! Now I just have to think how we will do with the tent and all the sleeping bags and stuff. How do we get that on the plane?
I stayed up to around 2 writing on this stupid blog to get U all updated on my life here that slowly moves to the end :(

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment