Friday, October 16, 2009

The dentist!

Today (Thursday) Sofia had an appointment with Dr Rama, her dentist. When I was with the kids there the last time (when it was my first time driving and I got lost and all that! ;)) they found some holes that now are supposed to be fixed. And today, it was Sofia's turn. I picked her up at school, earlier than usual! And this time I found the way without any problem. Sure I had the GPS but I had it last time too ;)
They are really nice at the clinic and they have a really good hand with children. Sofia wasn't scared at all and she did really well. She got some oxygen that made her relax and she got a bit giggled. ;) She was so cute when she laid in the chair, looking like a diver with the mask over her nose ;) And it's so cool cause they can watch a movie while the doctor is working in their mouth. So much more convenient.
They fixed three tooth this time, and they put on like a silver crown over the tooth (when it's a too big hole that can't be fixed) I've never seen that before.
And cause she did so good, she got three gold coins so she could pick something from a machine. I'm really proud, did so well all the time.
When we were done, I was supposed to pay (which I didn't know ;)) and she said:"One, seven, five something" and I started pick out a one dollar bill. But then I realised it was 175 dollars! Hahah, I couldn't pay so I have to bring the money when I'll go with Filip next week.
We came back just in time to pick up Filip from school and today the soccer practise was cancelled cause to many cancellations. So we had to activate in the house. And we made some inventions. Or Filip did and I sat next to him holding things ;) I wasn't so much help cause I'm really bad when it comes to inventions. But he was great and we finally made a watch that he could practice with, and it contained magnets. Cool!!
Cause it's Thursday, I went to Emilie's house to watch Grey's Anatomy =) It's really good and this week's episode was really good!! Anna had made cupcakes to share with us and they were jummie ;) I like anything with chocolate chips in it ;)
I put in my diary for the Friday as well!
Today it has been raining all day. Non stop! So boring. You can't be outside without transforming in to a soaking cat! But I did several things anyway. I've been really lazy this week with the gym, but today I went to my Yoga class, and it's really hard. You don't think it's so special but today it was really tough. I feel I have to go there several more time to get it right with the breathing and the different positions. It's also hard when you're not in a closed room. We can hear the air condition, other people and music. Then it's hard to really relax and focus on your inside.
I earned some grown up points by going with the Acura, first to a mechanic that fixed the flushing fluid for the windshield and then to an emission test to see that the car was OK and legal to drive. There I made a fool of my self ;) Didn't understand what I should do but the guy was very helpful ;) and it was over in like three minutes so it was OK.
Climbing went well today as well. Me and Linda had a Coffey and we talked. She asked me if I wanted to go on a blind date with a 30 years old man that recently moved here from Detroit and who's trying to get some friends. But I'm not sure if me and my friends are the right for him ;) Maybe a bit to young ;) But you never know ;) hahah
Tonight I was supposed to go shopping with my friends but after dinner (we had Tacos ;)) I didn't feel like it. I would rather be home, spending time with the family and be a part of their Friday cosy that contains of a movie and popcorn!! The movie for the evening was
Narnia - Prins Caspian. I've seen it before and I think it's really good. I like fantasy and the landscapes and nature in the movie are fantastic.
It has been a really nice day, I'm tired and excited about tomorrow. I'm gonna learn the choreograph of Michael Jackson's Thriller and then I'm going to a charity event that involves soccer ;)

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment