Saturday, October 24, 2009

Skate King!


At the climbing today I met a Swedish women who has been living here for three years. She's married to an American guy and they had a six months old baby together. The child's name was Svea which is short for Sweden on old Swedish ;) So funny, and soooo cute. The women heard us talk Swedish and she asked me where i was from and apparently we are from the same area i Sweden. Isn't that funny? I mean sometimes the world is really small ;) She was really nice and we talked about everything. Her husband was also really nice and he gave me some names of places to go and listen to music. They were really cool and were so cute together. Hope I'll see them again! One cool thing was that she said she heard of my accent that I came from Vastra Gotaland ;) I hate that accent and I'm trying not to have it, but if your born with it you have to live with it right? ;)
We had tacos in the evening and everyone helped in the kitchen. It was kind of crowded but it's nice when everyone participate. After dinner the family watched Peter Pan 2 but I went to Kadda and Emilie and we went to this place called Skate King. It's a roller skate rink, and it was so cool cause it looked like from an old movie or something. So we rented those old roller skates with four wheels pared up and then we skated! It was hard in the beginning, much more harder than ice skating I think. But it was fun. And they played like club music (mostly hip-hop of course) and some people were awesome! They danced while they were skating and it seemed so easy. I was not that gracious and I actually fell, twice. And it was so hurtful. Oh, I hit my knee and my elbow and today I have bruises and they really hurt :( After I fell, I got a bit cowardly and didn't go that fast.
Sofia was here on a birthday party and that was how I found out about it. It was so American and funny. I'm certain we will go back but then I will wear some protection ;)

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment