Monday, April 5, 2010

Egghunt and Bainbridge Island






Today (Sunday) it's Easter! Happy Easter everybody! I was really tired when I woke up since I was home late yesterday, but I knew what was going on so I stood up ;) This morning was the annual Egg hunt that takes place on our street! Yesterday, several adults gathered and stuffed around 500 eggs and then hide them in all the gardens on the street.
All the kids on the street (around 20) started on the top of the street and then ran down and gathered as many eggs as they could find. The oldest kids (Eric included) had to wait until last so that the smaller kids could have a chance ;)
It took like half an hour and there was a lot of candy!! Eric thought it was really fun and I'm glad that he could also join. I actually also took a egg, when no one saw ;) But I gave the candy to Eric!
The weather was really nice, with sun and not so many clouds on the sky. I decided that we needed to do something outside, and we had talked about taking a ferry to one of the many islands that are here.
My host family wanted to join and I called Anna who also was up for it and then we went to the piers in Seattle and bought tickets to Bainbridge Island.
The weather got worse and it was really cloudy and gray when we bordered the ferry, but the view over Seattle was really cool. It reminded me of New York when U take a ferry.
It took around 20 minutes to get out to the island and then we just walked around in the little village. It was Sunday AND Easter so there where not so much open, which was sad cause the stores looked really nice. I think we need to go back there when it's warmer and more open ;) Lotta told me that the family use to go there and rent canoes. Sounds fun!
We went to the little harbour and there we found a restaurant where we could have lunch. Unfortunately (or fortunately ;)) they had only the brunch buffet so we could eat as much as we wanted. I weren't so hungry but when U only can eat as much as U want, U make yourself hungry ;) It was really good with bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruits and all other things U can think of for brunch. And I had a lot so I was really full when we left ;)
We hurried back to the ferry so that we wouldn't miss it, but when we came there we had a lot of time so we had run for nothing ;)
I was so tired on the way back, and it was nice to just relax in the comfort chairs and watch Seattle get closer.
we drove home Anna and after I had unpacked, I went home to my family's house and just hung there for the rest of the evening. We had dinner and me and my brothers played a board game called Clue where U are a detective and trying to solve a murder. It's really fun and we played maybe 5 or 6 rounds before I was the ultimate winner after knocking Robin with my first guess in the final round ;) It was totally hilarious!!
It's really nice just hanging with my family in their cozy place and I'll miss that. Maybe I'll try to hook up with their son or sth so that I can stay at the place ;) Or i rent it every weekend, no the first is less expensive ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment