Sunday, April 4, 2010

Snoqualmie Falls and Easter dinner





Today (Saturday) I think was the best morning since I've been here. It was all on the table, and there was egg, sandwiches, cereals and juice! And I just had to sit at the table and then I had everything ;) And I didn't have to clean it up afterwards. This was luxury ;)
I left pretty early and went back home to get ready for today's adventure. I didn't have the kids so we went hiking in Snoqualmie. We drove to Snoqualmie Falls and the family was really impressed of the water fall and the surrounding nature. We walked the trail that took us down to the river where U could see the water fall from below
The trail was very steep so the way up was hard, especially for the "older" gentlemen ;) They wished there would be a beer tent in the middle of the hill ;)
I ripped my shoe up when I was walking too close to a fence. There was a sharp thing and I got stumbled on that and was close to fall in a water puddle. Bummer, now there is a hole in my running shoes! They are old but I don't feel like buying new ones here. I think I can fix them with some tape ;)
The weather wasn't that good but we were lucky cause there was no rain when we were walking but as soon we got to the car it started ;)
On our way back home we stopped in Issaquah and had lunch and I showed them the donut place and we bought some to eat at home.
Back home, I went to their place and we all just relaxed and watched a movie.
Around 4, dad drove me home and I took a shower and got ready for tonight's Easter dinner. In Sweden we eat almost the same as on Christmas, a lot of small dishes like a smorgasbord. My family brought a asparagus omelet, sausages and sill while my hf made eggs, Jansson's and bread. We were a lot of people, again and it was really nice. We had dinner with everything that belong to that, with snapps and wine ;)
For dessert we had ice cream and coffee. I had a egg hunt with the kids, and they found some gifts from me in my room. Filip got a ball with a bunny on and Sofia got a bunny ( a stuffed animal, not a real one ;))
Anna wanted to give me my present today and I couldn't say no to that ;) She picked me up at 9:30 and we drove to the University district in Seattle. There was a theater where they have improvisation theater. Anna had been there once before and she said it was hilarious.
We got tickets and took our seats in the small saloon. There was a bar where U could get some refreshments, and I bought us two Heineken - the first legal beer! ;) I had to show ID and I was able to do so! She also said happy birthday to me! Oh, I'm so happy!
The show started and there was 5 actors who was doing the show that contained of different kinds of games where improvised theater was the foundation. They asked the audience for words or sentences and that was the theme for that scene. It was totally hilarious and the actors were so good! I laughed so I cried some times and I was really impressed by the actors. I suck at improvising.
When the show was over, after 1,5 h, we decided to watch the next as well. This one was a bit more unclean and not for all ages. It's called fun bucket and there is a big bucket on the stage where everyone can put whatever they want. We found a diaper in Anna's car and I took an old Starbucks card.
For every new scene, the actors took sth from the bucket and did sth with that. They never took our stuff but it was funny anyway. The best part was when one actor took Anna's candy. We were sitting in the front row so we were really close to them. And he said that she could get it back if she won the challenge later! It was the Trader Joe's fruit sticks that are so good so we had to win them back.
The final thing they took from the bucket, was a Pokemon DVD. They played it and showed almost 5 minutes of it, afterwards was Anna's challenge! They asked questions about the clip and for every right answer, she got some sticks back. She got some help from me and some geeks in the audience. The final question would get her the whole bucket back, but she answered wrong so they poured it out on the floor! Fortunately there were not so many lefts but still such a waste!
This evening was really nice and I was exhausted when I got home around 2. But I'll certainly go back to that theater and there were also some courses in improvising theater so maybe we'll go there also!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment