Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tulalip Festival, whitout the kids!




Today we had to get up early again cause there was a lot on the schedule. The kids had the Swedish school and I had a au pair meeting.
We had breakfast and then I had to stress and make every one's snack, get dressed, get the kids dressed and not forget anything. Pfew! But we manage to get away pretty on time.
First we picked up Emilie and then I dropped the kids at Stendahl's who were taking them to the school. I was really thankful cause I was meeting with my cluster at 10 and I would have not had time driving them to Seattle.
We also picked up Ramona and Kadda before we drove to the Eastgate Park and ride where we met all the other au pairs and the leaders. We went on two mini buses that took us all to Skagit Valley, that is like 1,5 h drive from here, and the annual Tulip Festival! It was a really nice drive with the nature but it was warm so it was nice to get of the bus. The place was really cool with a lot of fields around and there were a lot of tractors ;) John Deers! It felt like home.
The Tulip fields were so beautiful! So big and so bright colours! And when it was such a nice day, it was perfect. But we only were there for like 1,5 hour and the drive was really long and EXPENSIVE!!!! We payed like 33 bucks for everything, and then we saw that the entrance was only 4 buck so we all payed like 30 bucks for the bus!! If we had knew that before, we would have taken a car instead. OMG, sometimes this au pair organisation is kind of weird, and my area director is even more weird and not good organized. Good thing I'm not in so much contact with them.
During this time, the kids had went home with some friends so I had all day on my own, which was really nice!!
When we got home, the girls came with me to Kirkland and we took a frozen yogurt and went to the water front. There were a lot of people enjoying the nice weather and we had a really good time in the sun. I think I got a little tanned cause U can see my watch, when I took it off ;) I like that!
I picked up the kids, who had been really good, and we went home to make dinner. When the kids sat in front of the TV, I sat outside and enjoyed the last hour of sunlight, Oh it was nice! I also got a text that I can sleep long tomorrow cause the parents will take the kids to school, Thank U!
Now I'm watching a new episode of Desperate Housewives for like the first time in three weeks. Yeah!!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment