Friday, April 9, 2010

Seattle and Sky High Sports





Today (Wednesday) I took the kids to school, as usual, and then I took my car and drove to my family's place. Today we didn't really have a certain thing to do but Janne wanted to go back to the guitar store in Seattle and Eric wanted to search for a bowling ball. They had heard that it's cheaper to buy one here.
I took my family, in my car, to the bowling place between Kirkland and Redmond but it hadn't open yet. We went to Seattle, where Sirpa and Janne already were, but we didn't meet them. Instead I took them on the Monorail and then we walked and checked out some stores. I also showed them the chewing gum wall under Pike Place and they were fascinated ;)
Unfortunately I had to leave earlier cause the kids were out of school early since it's Wednesday.
The rest of my family met up with Janne and Sirpa and they had lunch in Seattle while I went home and picked up Filip. We did homework together before I picked up Sofia from her art class. I wanted to go to Seattle with the kids and maybe go to a museum or sth, but my family was already on their way back so we waited for them at home.
On their way back, they stopped at the bowling place and Eric actually found a ball that he bought. It was a dark blue, purple with some glittering strips. Sounds kind of girly but it wasn't. It was really cool and it was the only one they had left so it was good timing. Janne also found what he had looked for, a guitar!! He bought one in Seattle and it was a sister brand to Gibson so he was really happy. It was yellow and looked really cool!
I took the kids and Eric to the Sky High Sports in Redmond where they could jump on trampolines for an hour and get rid of some of their energy ;) Eric really loved it and the kids were glad that he wanted to join. It's a really good place when the kids have a bit too much energy cause they are exhausted after an hour there.
The weather was really bad, but fortunately we didn't have any outside plans for the evening so it was OK.
Since Robin is really a training freak, and he has been a bit bored here, Lotta took him and me too her gym in Redmond. The Pro Sport Club that is supposed to be the biggest gym in North America, and I don't have a hard time believing it ;) It was huge! There were several tennis, basketball, indoor whatever fields. Three rooms with different kind of machines, the dressing rooms were like exclusive spas. It was amazing. I just spend time on the cross trainer but it was nice to do some exercise again after nearly two weeks without seeing the gym. Robin liked it and I'm glad we found sth fun for him.
We went straightly to my family's place and had dinner and Robin took a shower. Mum, dad, Eric and Janne went back to the bowling place, again, to test the new ball. Sirpa stayed home and me and Robin went to Bellevue to watch a movie.
I wanted to see Avatar again, but unfortunately they didn't show it that late. We choose "Greenzone" that was about the Iraq war, starring Matt Damon. It was good, interesting since I think it's the first movie about the war.
It was really late when we got home so I went straight to bed, after a long day full of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment