Friday, April 23, 2010

Seattle by night




Today (Wednesday) I wasn't planning to go to the gym, but I did it anyway ;) I spend an hour on the cross trainer and then I did a short work out. It felt nice being spontaneous and I had a great feeling when I walked back home.
I picked up the kids and since Sofia had her art class, me and Filip did some home work and played some games before I picked her up. The rest of the afternoon we spend with the video game ;) We are in to Super Mario Brothers and it's fun but hard sometimes :) But it's also good cause all three of us can play it at the same time.
I didn't have dinner at home cause Anna was picking me up after 6 cause we were going to University District to watch a German movie. Apparently, the university is showing every Wednesday and we thought it would be cool to check it out. Sadly, we didn't think of the rush hour traffic so we never made it on time. Instead, we just strolled in the University district and checked out all the cool stores. They have a lot of second hands with so much great stuff for unbelievable prices. Our favourite is Goodwill where I bought a pair of ballerina shoes, for $3 and Anna bought a pair of shorts and a top all for like $8 so cool!! And we found out that there is one in Bellevue and there is were all the rich people live so I guess there is a lot of brands!!
Unfortunately all the stores were closing pretty soon so we didn't have time to look it all through. So we went to a nice coffee place where I had a sandwich since I didn't have dinner. It was so cool with all the student hanging there, some trying to study others just chatting. That's why I like this area, there is so much young people. Both me and Anna talked about how much we wanted to start studying now, but maybe we'll say different when we do ;)
Since none of us was tired and Anna was in a "driving-all-around-with out-purpose-mood" we went to Pike Place to see how it looks like during the night. They actually take all of the stuff away, every night!!! OMG, what a work. I mean, there is a lot of small stuff and all the flowers and food. It was really cool and not so much people as usual ;) We were also outside the first Starbucks in Seattle (well, at least that's what we think ;))
We took some funny pictures and when we were satisfied we went to the car and drove around for a bit more. We didn't have any goal, just driving around on Queen Ann, trying to see the great view. After a while we drove home cause we were both tired and it was already past bed time ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment