Friday, April 9, 2010

The Underground and Last Dinner





Today (Thursday) it was Seattle that was on the schedule again, with it's underground tour at the Pioneer Square. I wanted to show them how everything began and let them listen to the history of the city.
It was cold but sunny, and in the end it actually snowed a bit ;) I guess they up there wanted us to have some snow after all ;)
We bought tickets for the tour and while we waited, we went to the great Toy Store that is at the square. It's so cool and they have a lot of "old" toys (new made old toys if that makes sense ;)) I bought a rubber duck for my collection. It's a bigger one that is kind of ugly ;)
The tour guide was really funny and had a good voice so it was easy to understand and he captured our interest. I think my family understood the most parts, and even if I had taken the tour before, I learned some new stuff since it was a different guide.
Afterwards, we had lunch at a cozy Italian restaurant that was really small and we almost took all tables with our 7 people party ;) I have to go there with all my friends cause the food was really good.
We drove home and I walked and picked up the kids. We didn't do so much and I had made reservations at the Outback Steakhouse that is really close to the family's place so at 7 both my host family and my family went there to have a last meal together. So sad!
The food was really good and it was a nice place with a touch of "Down Under" ;) I had a chicken with bacon and topped with cheese, jummie! My dad and Robin had a big steak that they have been longing for the whole trip ;)
Sofia ended up next to Robin but she was in heaven ;) She have really falling in love with him during their stay and it's so sweet. I wonder who will miss him the most ;)
This time we also had dessert and me and Eric shared a brownie tower with ice cream and whipped cream ;)
When we all were done, my families said goodbye to each other and I went with my family to give them some stuff that they needed to take home for me. Actually it was pretty much and when they saw the bag the almost freaked out ;) But they manage to take it all and I'm glad. Mostly it was books, my ski clothes and other things I didn't need anymore.
I also played a final round of Clue with my brothers and this time Robin was the ultimate player. I let him win so he would be in a good mood when he's going back home ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment