Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Sunday in sunny Seattle





Today (Sunday) I took the bus in to Seattle early, and met up Kadda, Anna, Hanna and Ramona to have a nice day in the city. It was the first time I met everybody (except Emilie) since my family was here and I was really happy to spend a day with them all.
We took the bus to the Seattle Center where they held a Vegfestival and since we have a veggie person in our group, we went there. Now U might wonder how I, who loves meat, could go there? The answer is simple, there was food to eat! We paid the entrance and then there were so much different samples of Veggie stuff. Food, cookies, drinks, snacks etc. Most of it was really good but there were also some weird stuff.
There was one brand called Hippie Chips, which of course was chips. When me and Anna were in line, there were two kids in front of us and they got a plastic bracelet each. Me and Anna asked if we also could get one and the man said yes, with a confused face, and we were so happy ;) We made up the slogan: "Hippie Chicks eating Hippie Chips" Totally hilarious ;)
We ate so much that we almost rolled out from there ;)
We sat down in the grass in front of the big fountain in the Center and we just laid there and enjoyed the sun. It was so good and that's the meaning with life, I think ;)
We stayed there for maybe an hour or two, and since the time wasn't that much, we didn't have a hurry somewhere. Finally we took a bus back to Westlake Center and we had some different plans, but we ended up at the Pike Place Market where we bought some fruit and donuts ;) We walked along the piers and we had a thought of taking a ferry but then we decided not to. We sat down and ate our free food we had taking at the festival, and it was just by the water so there were A LOT of Seagulls trying to take out food. It was crazy and people were feeding them and then it just came more. OMG! But they never got my food, never!!!
Me, Anna and Hanna had bought tickets to see Alice in Wonderland at the Seattle Center and when it was time, we took the bus there while Kadda and Ramona stayed at Westlake cause they had already seen it.
We saw it in the big IMAX theater they have there and it's so cool with the big screen and the great sound. The movie was OK, I didn't know the true story (apparently Disney reduces a lot) so it was fun to see it. And it was great done and the actors were brilliant. I don't know if I wanna see it again but I'm glad I finally did.
When it was over, we had to wait one hour for the next bus to Kirkland so we were at Starbucks first but then we went to McDonald's and had sth to eat.
On the bus home we played "Who am I" and it was fun. I was myself and Santa Clause's wife, and the others had a hard time guessing it.
After a long and perfect day with a lot of food and sunshine, I fell exhausted in bed and prepared for a new work week.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment