Thursday, April 8, 2010

Leavenwoth




Today (Tuesday) I took the kids to school and then I got ready for my family to pick me up and packed my bag for a trip to the charmfull little town: Leavenworth.
We all were sceptical about the weather cause when we left it was cloudy and grey and when we came to Steven's Pass it was snowing. There was so much snow that it was crazy! People were skiing and we were amazed of the changing in nature.
When we had passed Steven's, the sky opened and turned blue and the sun came out. It was skiing high and bright when we came to the town and when we went out of the car, it was so warm that we didn't need our jackets ;)
My family was really amazed about the German inspired town than is surrounded by mountains. I love it too! The views look like paintings and it actually feels like U are in the Alps, so cool!
We walked around for a while but soon every one was hungry so we bought some coffee at Starbucks and grabbed our picnic in the car. We walked down to the water and found a nice little playground where we sat down and had a great picnic! We had sandwiches with meatballs and we had bought some Danish "Wienerbröd" that were delicious ;)
When we were done, we strolled along the river and it was so nice and harmonic with the snowy mountains and the water. We wanted to see a white headed Eagle cause that's one of my family's "to does" while they are here, but unfortunately we just saw some crows ;)
We checked out the rest of the town before we went back home. It's a pretty long drive but it's beautiful. All along the water and between the mountains. We all were tired and me and my brothers fell to sleep almost immediately.
Jonas had picked up the kids, which was really nice so I could show my family this today. I could also relax a bit before I got ready for the soccer game that I had tonight, and I was extra excited cause my family was coming to watch. The game was at the Grass Lawn Park, which is really close, so they picked me up and we all went to the fields.
The game was great and I was on fire ;) I don't think I've been this good but the other team was not so good and maybe having my family there lifted me up. The other wondered why I haven't been playing like that before and wondered if I was just showing off ;) I made three goals and some assists. The score ended up 6-2 so we were pretty dominating! My family thought it was great watching me play and I also was happy that they could see that I was still good ;) Now they can tell every one back home that I haven't lost it ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment