Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mariners




Today (Friday) Jonas wanted to take the motorcycle to work but it didn't start and Lotta had already left so I had to drive him to work. I thought of going to Marshall's but I forgot my wallet so I drove back home. Maybe that was best so I didn't spend money.
Back home, I was on my computer and then I went back to sleep for two hours ;) I don't think I would have any problem sleeping a whole day, donno what's with me. Guess I haven't slept enough since San Francisco yet.
I forced myself out of bed and went to QFC and bought stuff for my lunch tomorrow when we are going hiking and then I had lunch and started to organise the pictures from San Francisco. There is a lot so it will take time.
I picked up the kids and we played together and had a great afternoon but as soon as Lotta and Jonas got home, I left. I needed to catch a bus to Seattle cause I was going to my first Mariners game! Laura, my friends in Issaquah, had got a extra ticket from her host family and she invited me! I was so glad cause even though people say that baseball isn't so exciting, U have to see one game when U are here.
The ride in to Seattle was very slow, it was rush hour and cause of the game there were a lot of people. Tomorrow is also some kind of boat season start so there were many boats in the harbour, some really fancy yachts.
Kind of stressed I reached the stadium and Laura came and gave me the ticket. I met her host mum and the youngest girl she takes care of and they were really sweet. The seats were great and the stadium is huge! Unfortunately it wasn't full so I didn't see the total of it but it was still amazing.
The stadium has a moving roof so when the weather was getting bad, they closed the arena and that was really cool and good so the game doesn't get effected by rain or sth.
One funny thing that happened was that after some innings (rounds) people came on the field with rakes to fix the sand with, and when they were done they did a little dance. Hahahah, it was just like in a musical or sth where everyone does the same dance. totally hilarious! And we actually said just before that it would be fun if they did a dance ;)
The game was OK, both me and Laura didn't realised that it had started ;) We were like: "Are they warming still?" ;) Her host mum was really helpful and explained the game as it went on. And I'm really glad that I got the chance to watch one game, it was kind of slow but it was cool. We didn't stay the whole game cause of the little baby girl but we saw half of it and I was satisfied with that.
I went with Laura home to Issaquah and spend the night there. It was really nice and the house is so big and beautiful. we stayed up late and talked and talked and it was so long ago we saw each other so it was really nice. She has a big problem now cause she met a guy that she really likes and he likes her but his religion forbids a relationship. He can't date a girl he don't think he will merry and he could never merry her cause she is not a believer. Kind of weird but he has been raised with the religion as his life so there is not so much U can do about it. But in 5 months, he's joining the marine core and is gonna be there for 6 years or sth. That's even weirder that he can go to war but not be with a girl he likes? I feel so sorry for her cause he seems perfect and he actually looks like Edward Cullen and that's so funny cause she is a big Twilight fan as me ;) I want to meet him some day to see for my self.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment