Sunday, May 16, 2010

Street Fair and Mexican Party





Today (Saturday) me, M, Kadda, Ramona and Hanna went in to Seattle and the University district where there was a street fair. There were several booths whit food and stuff that people wanted to sell. There were street performers and a lot of people. It was sunny and so nice to walk there and check out all cool stuff and eat delicious. I had a gyros and then chocolate dipped strawberries and bananas and I also bough some caramel popcorn. Here they don't only have salt on their popcorn, U can choose sugar, chocolate or caramel ;) Do I have to say that they were delicious? ;)
My shopaholic side took over again and I bough a pair of shoes and a jeans jacket ;) But it was only $12 in a second hand store so I'm happy!!
We spend like two hours there and the best part was when we tried to find a parking spot. We saw a guy going to his car with food from Mc Donald's so we thought he was going but he decided to have his meal in the car while it was running. We said he was still living at his mom's and she hated fast food ;) Finally, Kadda knocked on his window and asked if he was leaving after he had finished, and he would ;)
Hanna had to work so we needed to go home after the fair but after we had dropped her, we went to Medina Beach park and laid in the sun a bit.
Tonight was Elliott's monthly party with the theme Mexico!! It was a BBQ so every one should bring some food. I made a spicy black bean and corn salad that I got from Jen. Anna helped me in the end so I guess she also gets a little of the credits for it.
M picked us up at my place and even though we were two hours late, there weren't so much people and there were still a lot of food. We got skewers, salad, popcorn, salsa, chips and a lot more. There was one really HOT sauce that burned for a long time on the lips and I don't like it when it's that spicy, U don't taste any flavours just the hotness. But there was a potato salad that tasted like my mum had made it or sth, it was so good and both me and Anna almost started crying cause it was so good ;)
Another au pair had brought a pinata, a bull that looked like a gay zebra ;) It was called Fernando and she didn't want anybody to hurt him. Sadly, someone put a rope around his neck and smashed him with a stick, and we got candy ;)
The party was super grate as usual. We had tequilas and margaritas and there were a lot of cool people. We had a jump rope competition with one of Elliott's TV cables ;) It was hilarious.
Emilie went home before us, cause we didn't wanna leave when she wanted so we said we would get a cab or sth so I put all my stuff in the bushes ;)
After some more Tequila and Margaritas, we got a ride from a French girl that Anna knew and I don't really know when we got home, but I think it was around 4 or sth ;) I had a so much fun but it was nice to go to bed and it would have been better if the room weren't spinning ;) But that's the price U have to pay!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment