Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dad 50!!! (Tomorrow)



Today (Wednesday) I went to the gym to attend one of the group classes that I haven't done before. I was early so I spend 20 minutes on the cross trainer but when the class was supposed to start the instructor didn't show up so there was no class. So I went on the treadmill for half an hour and then I did some muscle work out. I was a bit pissed since I was prepared for a class work out and when it was cancelled, I wasn't really in a mode for a work out. But I did it anyway so I'm proud ;)
Back home I just relaxed. I had lunch and looked some on our Hawaii trip (OMG it's really soon!) and of course I watched some FRIENDS before I picked up the kids.
I picked up Filip first and Sofia had her art class today that lasted for two hours cause they missed another time. Filip did his home work and then he found the game Monopoly and we started. It's really fun but he totally crushed me ;)
I called back home to wake up my dad, who today (in Sweden) turns 50!!! The time was like 12:15 am and I sang Happy Birthday to him. Sadly, he was already up cause just before I called, there had been fireworks outside the house ;) It's totally hillarious and I'm so sad that I can't be home and celebrate him on this BIG day!! Happy Birthday old man!
Jonas came home around 5 and he took the kids with him to pick up Lotta and then go to IKEA. I didn't feel like coming so I planned to go to the cinema in Kirkland and watch Iron Man 2 since no one else wants to see it, I would go alone.
But my plans changed when I talked to Anna. She was going to U-Village in Seattle for a monthly au pair meeting and asked if I wanted to join her. Since I rather wanted to be with people than sitting alone in the cinema, I said yes ;)
She worked until 8 so I watched FRIENDS for two hours before she picked me up ;) The meeting was at Starbucks and we just sat there and talked. I was amazed of how different it was from our cluster meetings. The area director really cared and talked with the au pairs and they are more strict, everyone has to come to the meetings. We discussed stuff that concerned us as au pairs and I felt like, although it was a bit hysterical, it was more secure in one way and U could easily get a closer relationship with the au pairs around U and the area director. But I don't care, I've only got 3 months left ;)
After the meeting we walked around and just talked. There has been a confusing discussion on FB, again, and it's just so frustrating and dramatic. Well, it's better to talk face to face cause then there is no misunderstanding.
In the car back home we talked about how little time we have left and how much there is we wanna do. I just hope we can plan all of that so we can do it together. I'm gonna miss her so much!!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment