Sunday, May 9, 2010

School and Seattle




Today (Saturday) I had a class at the college in the morning. It was a class called Greek Odyssey and sounded interesting and I needed the hours.
I took the bus to the college and the class started at 10 so I couldn't sleep as long as I wanted but I want to get as much as possible out of the days so I wasn't that pissed, just for a moment ;)
The teacher was an old, cute lady that had traveled to Greece for the last 30 years. Her parents were Greek or sth like that and now she was gonna talk about the country and give tips and advices for trips there. It wasn't really what I had expected but it was fun. The lady was so cute and really passionated about Greece so we got to hear all kinds of stories and were able to ask questions and got to know pretty much about where to go and what to do.
She had made us some Greek cookies and they were delicious and we also got the receipt so I'll try to make them some day.
After 3 hours, I took the bus back home and had some lunch. The family wasn't home cause now when it's the Swedish week, the kids had the Swedish school today and they had royal visit! The crown princess from Sweden, Viktoria, visited them and the kids sang songs and asked questions to her. It had been really great and I would have loved to come but the school was at the same time. What a good timing...aaarrrggghh! And after that, Lotta and Jenny went to a fashion show that also was connected to the Swedish week and there they met Fredrik Ljungberg and took a picture with him!! Good for them....aarrgghhh!!!
I called the girls and they were on their way in to Seattle and I joined them. Emilie picked me up and we went to Broadway where one of us did sth really cool, but I can't tell it here cause she don't want anyone to know...heheh Are U curious now? Well, I'll tell U when I get back home, if I remember ;)
We spend the whole afternoon in Seattle and we went to check out Greenlake which was awesome! So beautiful and U can rent bikes or inlines there and go around the lake. U can also rent this paddle boat and we said that we have to come back and do that someday.
Then me, Kadda and Emilie said goodbye to all the French girls that had been with us, and went to Mercer Island to meet up Anna and two of her friends. We were gonna eat on a German restaurant but unfortunately, it was closed. Instead, we went back to Seattle to another German place but more like fast food. It was really good! I had schnitzel with fries and mayonnaise ;) After, we tried a Bubble tea at a Korean place (or whatever) and it was weird. It was a milkshake with slime balls in it that U were supposed to eat. I didn't, the milkshake was good but not the balls.
We were all very tired and went back home after that. Anna showed us the new house and one of the doors were open so we could go inside. It's such a nice house and the view is great! Her host family is moving, if I didn't told it before, but it's just one block so they will still live close. Anna will live there maybe just a couple of weeks but they have a pool!!
I went to Anna's place cause we wanted to drink the rest of my liquor ;) But she didn't have anything to mix it with and we tried to drink it as it was but I almost threw up so I settled with a beer ;) We watched some Lost and then went to bed, not so exciting ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment