Sunday, July 11, 2010

An active but slow day



Today (Saturday) Anna came to my place early and we went out for a run. Did U hear that? We went out running on a Saturday morning ;) We were out for about half an hour but it was already so warm that we considered jumping in the water instead, but we made it all the way home and then we walked to the beach.
Anna wanted to have a spot in the shade and I asked her how old she was cause I, the youth one, wanted to be in the sun to get as much tanned as possible. But after a while I had to crawl to the shade as well cause it was too hot. ;)
We spend 2 hours there and during this time we agreed that there is a lot, and maybe only, fit people here in Kirkland, and everyone looks good. Or it can also be that the not fit persons don't come to the beach ;) I'm not complaining cause this means a lot of hot, half naked guys to look at and that's fine with me ;)
While we were at the beach, Lotta had picked up the rest of the family at the airport so I got a big hug from Sofia when I stepped in through the door. The kids looked so different but I don't know why. Maybe cause they were tanned and had their hair shorter but sth was it.
Helena, the kids cousin, also came with them and is gonna stay almost 4 weeks here. She's really nice and looks exactly as her mum ;) Apparently she and Sofia plays really well together so I don't think it'll be any problem. I'm just sad that my vacation is no has ended.
I finished the cake for Anna and now I can't longer come to her au pair BBQ cause I had promised Hanna to drive her to the airport. So I showered and got dressed and then went to her house to see if I could help with sth. I went through her drawers one last time to make sure she didn't forget anything. Her host dad had to carry the bags up from the basement and to the car cause they were HEAVY!!! OMG, I wonder how much overweight she needs to pay ;)
There were some road work so the freeway was closed for one part so there was a detour that was long, confusing and the traffic was awful. Luckily we manage to get to the airport in time and I was sad saying goodbye to her cause it feels so weird that her stay here is over and that makes me think about how soon my year is over. It's just so unreal. Me and Hanna live really close in Sweden so we'll meet again but what about all the other cool people I got to know here? It's gonna be hard.
On my way back home, I stopped by at IKEA and bought some candy. Dajm chocolate, Bilar and liquorice fishes...jum jum!
The traffic was even worse on the way back and I think over all it took me 2 hours to get to the airport and back, it usually takes between 40 min and an hour. So I was not so happy about that I had to spend 2 hours in the car while the family was at the beach but whatever.
Tonight, Elliott had one of his parties but M changed her mind in the very last minute and I couldn't take the Saab cause of the battery and Anna had other plans so we had no car.
I grabbed a blanket and my book and went to the park. I sat down under a tree and had a really cozy time reading while a light breeze cooled me off. Thank U!
Back home, I was on my computer and had some dinner when Anna called and said that her plans had been cancelled so we could go to the party. I was mentally getting ready for bed but changed that and got ready for party instead.
There was not so much people but the ones who were there were cool and I had a great evening talking with my friends. We went home pretty early though cause Anna was not really in a mood, kind of slow. All this day I've been feeling a bit off and slow, don't really know why. Maybe it's the heat or maybe the fact that the kids came home today and my three weeks of no responsibility came to an end ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment