Monday, July 19, 2010

Off to Forks



Today (Friday) me and the kids started slow (cause I was tired ;)) with a movie. We saw Enchanted which is a really cute movie and then it was lunch time. We made pancakes and Filip and Helena helped me with the making since I suck on it ;) I know, it's sad but true. Then it's good that I have such a big help in Filip, and this time also Helena.
After lunch, the kids played and I cleaned and did some laundry and packed my bag cause today we were going camping over the weekend in Forks. I was really excited since I'm a Twilight fan but I didn't have so high expectations cause I've heard that it's not much to see. But still it's gonna be cool to be able to say that I've been to Forks!
I packed the kids in the car and went first to Anna's place cause I needed to borrow a sleeping bag, and then we went to Microsoft and picked up Lotta and Jonas.
We drove for about 40 min or so to Edmonds where we had to take a ferry over to Kingston. The only problem was that A LOT of others also wanted to take the ferry so we needed to wait for maybe 1,5 h before we could get on!
While we were waiting we saw a seal! He just came swimming bye when we ate our hot dogs and he was so cute, I always think they look so sad. I wanted him to jump and do some tricks but he didn't.
I did a blunder when we went on the ferry, I said to Lotta: "Hey, we are really close to the water!"...well, we are going on a ferry, it's supposed to be close ;) Sometimes I scare myself ;)
We wanted to walk on the ferry but we weren't allowed to walk where the cars drove, as we thought, so a guard had to take us up a stair and then open the door to the walk entrance...oops!
The Stendahl's were also supposed to join but they couldn't go as early as we so when they reached the ferry line, it was even longer than when we came, so they didn't want to wait. But we were still in the line so we told them to drive up front and then we left a space where they could come in. People didn't look very happy but whatever, thought we. When we came up front there was this police who directed the traffic and he talked really long with the Stendahl's and finally he sent them away. Apparently people had told him that they had gone in in front and that was not popular ;) Well, well...
We continued our trip and they said they would try tomorrow morning again. The ferry took about 20 minutes and it was sunset so the colours were really nice and the mountains were like shadows in the sky. So beautiful!
Then we drove, and we drove, and we drove and yes we drove. We had not made a reservation on any camping so everywhere we tried, it was full. Sometimes we had to drive really far in to the woods to then drive the same way back cause they had no open space.
Once, we got pulled over by the police cause he thought that Jonas had been drinking ;) Apparently he was going all over the road but after smelling his breath (kind of easy test) he gave us some suggestions of camping.
We ended up driving to the place longest away and at around 1 am we put up our tents in complete darkness and just threw in our sleeping bags and fell asleep. It was nice to stretch out after sleeping in the car, I felt like The Hunchback of Notre dame ;)
I shared the tent with Filip and Helena but it was OK cause everyone was tired and fell asleep immediately!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment