Monday, July 12, 2010

Strawberry and peach pie




Today was the first time of work for me in three weeks, this time with three kids and of course it was raining. Panic!!! But it was OK.
I woke up and had breakfast with the kids and then they watched TV and played by themselves really well. Sofia wanted to go to Jasmine so I took her there and she was home so she could play there for a couple of hours. This made it easier for me cause now I only had two to look after ;)
Me and Helena baked a strawberry and peach pie. I've never done it before and to be honest, I'm not very good in baking, but I had my mum's receipt so it went fine. The only thing was that I couldn't ind any potato flour to sprinkle over the berries so I mixed flour, butter, sugar and vanilla and put over...whatever!
It looked really good but we tasted it first after lunch and when Sofia was back and it was delicious. I'm proud!! And it was so easy and baking is a great way to activate the kids, well at least Helena ;)
For lunch we had noodle soup AND Mac & Cheese cause I asked Filip and Helena what they wanted and they said both and as the nice au pair I am, I made them both ;) Took me about 5 minutes ;)
When we were done eating, I packed a little bag with some drinks and snacks, and then put everyone in the car and drove to Grasslawn Park in Redmond. The kids were crazy and loud in the car so it was nice to just let the kids run around while I concentrated on my book ;)
We were there almost three hours and I was really cold but the kids weren't, even though they were soaking wet from running in a water fountain ;) But finally I got them in the car and they were as crazy and loud before.
Sofia and Helena stayed outside and played while Filip played some computer games and then we played Sorry together. He won :(
During dinner the kids were very loud and silly but we came up with a solution for the car problem. Sofia made me one green, one yellow and one red card that represent three warnings. First I'll show the green if someone is not listening to me and then yellow for the second time and then red for the third and last warning. The one who gets a red card doesn't get a ice cream in the evening, or another punishment. I'll try that next time cause if it doesn't help I'll not take them somewhere anymore.
Jonas and Lotta also got to taste the pie, and the kids got to taste the strawberry cake, I brought home from Anna's yesterday, so we had a nice meal together.
I took a shower after dinner and now I'm just in my room thinking of what to do. I got to know today that Lotta is team Edward!!! After seeing the Twilight movies, and we are going camping in Forks this weekend so I'm happy. Hopefully I'll run in to some vampires ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment