Thursday, July 15, 2010

The wild things are at the pool

Today (Tuesday) I walked with the kids down to the Marina park here in Kirkland, just by the waterfront, cause M had told me about these kid's concerts they had there every Tuesday. I just needed sth to do with the kids and it was OK. In the beginning, they were like: what's this? It's boring...bla bla bla. But then in the end they were dancing almost in the front.
Meanwhile, I spoke with M who was there with her kids and the weather was nice so it was a great way of starting the day.
We walked back home and had lunch and then the kids played by themselves a while before we all went to the pool. I had spoken with a mum of a friend of Filip and Sofia and they were supposed to be there too. This was great, even though it was a bit cold and not that sunny, the kids had a blast in the pool. Helena and Filip took a swim test so they could be at the deeper end of the pool and use the jumping board, while I played with Sofia in the more shallow water.
Then Filip played with Christopher and Sofia with Helena so I got to just sit in the sun and read my book ;) I met Christopher's and Elise's au pair who came here two weeks ago from Austria. I knew that she would come cause the mother of the kids had told me, and she was really nice. There was also another au pair but I didn't get the chance to talk to her.
We went back home after maybe two hours and the kids took a shower while I cleaned up the mess we had left behind in the kitchen.
Tonight, I had a soccer game so I didn't stay for dinner. I only lightened the grill cause they were having a BBQ, tempting to stay ;)
We played at Mercer Island and me and Jen were a bit early and wanted to use the bathrooms. There was some construction work so there were only Honey buckets to use and they were FULL!!! So disgusting, but if U have to go U have to go...juck!
We didn't get a full team until maybe 10 min in to game time but the other team were also missing players so it was OK.
The game was not that good, they weren't good but we didn't manage to score. They didn't play good soccer, just kicked the ball away as soon as they got it and after a lucky free kick, they led by 1-0 at halftime. I felt pretty good though and had some nice runs but that last pass didn't work for me today, so frustrating! We manage to get a goal in the last minute, I had the assisting pass, so 1-1 was the final score.
One girl asked me if I would be interested of going to Victoria, Canada to play a soccer tournament. That would be so cool but the thing is that it's on the first weekend of September and then I'm traveling with Kadda. Plus that my VISA has expired by then so I can't get back in the US. It would have been fun though.
Back home, I took a quick shower, grabbed a blanket and two sleeping bags and drove to Bellevue Downtown park where the outdoor movie is. Tonight it was "Where the wild things are" and me and Anna snuggled up on the blanket in our sleeping bags with some candy ;)
It was hard to see cause it was still a bit bright and the colours in that movie are just too dark. But there was sound so we could hear, and I saw the movie before so it was OK. It's a good movie but a little weird.


I was so tired during the movie, that I almost fell asleep ;) So back home I rushed to bed to get some hours of sleep. It's tiring having to work the whole day now when I'm used to be off during the day. There is never room for a nap ;)






Miss U all!



Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment