Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The ER




Today (Tuesday) I was really tired cause I barely had any sleep tonight cause of my bug bite that had got worse and now it's so painful. It even hurt just when I walked so I think there's something wrong that wont go away by itself as I was hoping. But I'll deal with that later today.
I had to wake up the kids today cause we were going to the cinema to the "free summer movies" at Crossroads. Today it was "Aliens in the attic" We have seen the movie before but it was OK cause the kids like it and I think it was fun for Helena to see how the cinema looks here cause I think it's bigger than in Sweden. The kids got some goodies and we had a great time at the movies and we had time to go home and get lunch before I drove the girls to their cheer leading.
Max and Ty, friends of Filip, came over and played for about 2 hours. They were so good I barely noticed them. Too bad they could only play for such a short time but they had camp in the morning and then I had to pick up the girls.
While the boys were playing I had cleaned and filled up the pool so the kids could have a place to cool off at home.
Lotta came home early so I could go to the hospital with my leg. I wanted to go alone, cause I'm a big girl now ;) No, but I felt like if I could do this alone, I can do whatever...almost ;) But I when I was there I wished I had my mum with me cause it was hurting and I was a bit scared. Plus that I never remember the name of my medications and stuff I'm allergic to, maybe it's time to learn that ;)
Everything went great and I didn't have to wait at all. I had one doctor and two nurses who helped me and they were all really nice and understanding. They explained really well and showed me what to do. They had to cut the wound open a bit more and then they pressed all the yucky stuff out. That was painful!! But the nurse tried to talk to be through it all but at some point I couldn't answer her cause I was biting my tongue. They put in a gauze packing inside the wound so it would suck up the rest off the pus and also prevent new bacterias to get in to the wound. This was also very painful!! Over they taped a dressing to protect the wound and that I shall change every day or when it gets wet. First i thought that I should change the gauze inside the wound and I was like: "What?!" But no no, I'm not allowed to touch that and I have to make sure it stays in the wound. Pfew, that would have been painful and yucky.
They gave me two kinds of antibiotics, one for all the common bacterias and one for a specialized bacteria. They don't know what bacteria I have so they give me for everything. There is a lot of pills, one of them I have to take 4 times a day with 6 hours in between so when the clock is 12am, 6 am, 12pm and 6 pm. The other I have to take 2 times a day and with 12 hours in between so at 8 am and 8 pm. I also have to take probiotic that helps the body to restore the balance of the good bacterias since the antibiotic takes away all the bacterias, not only the bad ones.
The worst thing is that I'm not allowed to swim or be in direct sunlight the rest of the week!! And now when it's summer and really hot and I have a tanning schedule I need to follow ;) Anna, my friend in Sweden, are going on vacation soon and I have to be more tanned then her, cause she is always so brown and now I wanna be worse ;) Well, well...I hope it's still sunny next week and that the wound will heal quickly.
After a couple of hours and stop at Bartell Drugs where I got the medication, I could go back home and tell everyone about my first visit to the hospital here, I would have wished I didn't had to go but I guess it was the best.
I don't know yet if the insurance will cover this cause I went to the ER without being in a life threatening emergency, well my wound could have been life threatening but I don't know. The hospital sent the bill to the company and I'll try to call them tomorrow. What's weird is that they are located in Denmark, not Sweden, so I hope they either talk Swedish or English cause I don't understand any Danish!!
I came home in time for dinner, we got steak and artichoke from the BBQ and to that a salad. It was jummy!!
I made a schedule for my medications cause I need to take them for 10 days and there are a lot of pills to remember. Plus, I like to be organized ;)
I weren't allowed to play soccer since I ate the medication and cause it's not good if the dressing gets wet. I was kind of sad when I had to call Jen cause I know that they needed me, but even if the doctors said it was OK to play I think it would have been to painful cause it hurts just when I'm walking. This meant that I could join Anna and watch "Monsters vs Aliens" in Bellevue Downtown park. we haven't missed one movie yet and I hope we'll see them all.
First we had to stop bye at Starbucks cause M had the probiotic pills I needed. I didn't find them at the PCC here in Kirkland so I asked her to check at the one close to her, and they had it. Then we stopped at Safeway and bought a cake, sour men and snickers for the movie...jum jum! It gets dark earlier and earlier each week now so the movie had already started when we got there. we got better seats than last week but still not perfect. The movie was funny and cute, I didn't see it before and I had a great time as always with Anna.
Back home I got ready for bed and set my alarm for 12am, it was just in half an hour, and then I put in reminders on my phone for the medication. I'm gonna sleep in 6 hours interval ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment