Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday party

Today (Sunday) me and Anna slept pretty long. I was surprised when I looked at the clock cause Anna is usually up early and now we slept until 10! Not like her!
we had breakfast and then she had to work, so we just grabbed Slater and went to a park in Crossroad, Bellevue. It was really nice and while he was climbing at the playground, we relaxed in the sun. It such a hard work being an au pair ;)
They dropped me off on the way home and I took a nice shower cause today it was really hot. I wrapped the presents I had bought for Ebba and Axel cause today we were going to their birthday party. Lotta came home pretty stressed and had just realized that the party started 2 hours earlier than we though which meant that we had half an hour before it would start, and Jonas was at the store with Filip and Helena. No panic!!! But we were just a couple of minutes late and we weren't even the last ones.
There were a lot of Swedish people there, of course, but also some americans and a french couple. Jenny's mum and sister were visiting from Sweden and her mum was the most amazing person I ever met. I donno why but she had just such a great personality and I talked with her the most of the time. She told me all about her and her daughters' lives and we talked about traveling and exploring the world and collecting experiences before settling down. Just how my life looks like, it was so cool!
The entertainment for the party was a guy with a lot of reptiles. He had a huge toad, lizards, snakes and a alligator. He showed and talked about them and we got to pet most of them and sometimes he scared us with them, or he scared Lotta most of the time ;)
The twins got, in the end, to have the biggest snake around their necks and both Henrik and Jenny had to help cause it was so big. Ebba got scared so they had to take her away but Axel sat there although with a sceptic look on his face ;)
It was a great party and it was a while since I saw the Stendhal's so it was really nice. I also talked with another grandpa that was here on visit from Sweden and he told me that they were used to the heat cause they have a house in Thailand and lived there for 11 years or sth. Some people has it good....fun for them!
Back home, the family packed to go to the beach and I met up with Anna and M at QFC where we bought some nice stuff for a picnic and then we went to the beach as well. We bough a hamburger also before we took place at the dock and enjoyed a wonderful dinner watching the sun set behind the mountains.
We made up a challenge for the week cause we talked about how hard it is to motivate yourself to go up in the morning and go out for a walk or run. So, all of us needs to go out three times this week! The one who don't do it, will be the driver to Elliott's party on Saturday ;) And if we all do it, we'll take a cab....it's easier when we are several and there is a competition. We made a pinkie swear that we would be honest if we did it or not so we'll see how it goes.
I was so tired when I got home and I wanted to be alert in the morning when the challenge start so I went to bed immediately and I think I fell asleep the same time as the kids ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

ps. I didn't have a camera for the party so sadly I have no pictures ds.

No comments:

Post a Comment