Monday, July 26, 2010

Inner tubing


Today (Saturday) Anna picked me up pretty early cause we were going inner tubing with some cool people. First we had to buy me a tube so that I could float down the river so we went to Bartell drugs and I found one at once. I got the black "River Rat" ;)
Back at Anna's place, I helped her to water her neighbour's plants and driveway ;) They were on vacation so Anna's boy was in charge of watering but now he wasn't there so Anna took over.
Janet picked us up around 12 and with her was Denice and Betty so we were a full car meeting up with the other cars in Kirkland.
We drove almost to Snoqualmie, to a place called Fall City. Here we parked three of the cars and since this was the end of our ride, we went with the rest of the cars to the start point. It was so hot so we all just wanted to go in to the water but it took a while to fill all the tubes and the other floating devices.
Finally everyone was ready and we tide all the tubes together and got in the river, but that was not such a good idea cause then we just spun all around and didn't get forward. So the tubes got cut of from the rafts and we could go down the stream.
The water was cold but after a while U got used to it and this was just amazing. I did it once before with the family but then it was more organized with a shuttle and U rented the tubes. Here we all did it by ourselves and there were so many people with all kinds of cool floating things. Some had these awesome mattresses and some had boats. The best was a double tube with a place for a cooling bag between, classy!
The stream was not that strong so it was slow and nice most of the way but there was one time when I fell off my tube ;) There were big rocks and it went fast so I crashed in to Anna and then fell off in the middle of the current. I was so scared!!! I thought I was gonna die ;) All I thought of was get up on the tube, get up on the tube. Anna was thinking of jumping in after me but she gave me a minute ;) And I got back up so it was fine. The rest of the ride was nice and it took about 2 hours to go down the river but in the end it was kind of cold so it was nice to get up.
Stupid me brought my camera, and still I had it in a zip lock it got wet and stopped working....hm...but I got the tip of putting it in a bowl with rice cause that would suck the water up.
When we came to the end point, we had a BBQ. Trev and her husband, who had planned all this, had brought a grill and hot dogs for everyone. We also had fruits, chips and drinks so it was great. We stayed there in the sun for like 1 hour before Janetn drove us home and I jumped in Anna's pool for the first time. It was cold!! Even though everyone else said it was warm, they were lying!!!
Me and Anna didn't do much the rest of the evening. I looked up stuff for my flight back home to Sweden so now I know more about my luggage and stuff.
We wanted to watch a German movie that Anna had told me about, but we just saw the beginning cause then it was stopping and we decided to go to sleep instead.
The funniest of the day: Anna saw a spider in her room and she's terrified of spiders. She's gonna take it with a paper when it JUMPS!!! She screams with so much fear and it really sounds like someone is killing her. Downstairs we hear Lisa and Todd jumping up from their chairs preparing to run up to see what was going on. Anna said carefully: "Sorry, it was just a spider" They weren't that happy...but I laughed ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

ps. Today I've been in the US 11 months!! See U soon ds.

No comments:

Post a Comment