Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back home




Today (Sunday) we slept pretty long and it had been a nice sleep except that my back was a little upset from the hard ground I guess.
We had some yogurt, that U either drank or ate with a fork ;), and then we packed all our stuff and started the long walk back and again with all our pack. It was hard not to get too much sand in the bags and I guess we'll find sand everywhere weeks from now ;) The sad pat is that now I wont know if it's Hawaii sand or La Push sand I'll find :(
We went to Forks again to have lunch, this time at a Chinese restaurant and yes, they had also sth with Twilight. They had these huge paper dolls of the characters waiting in the entrance. I mean common, it's a Chinese restaurant!
We didn't take the ferry back cause we didn't want to wait for two hours again, so instead we drove south and around the Olympic mountains.
We stopped in Olympia cause we wanted a ice cream, but there were some kind of festival with a little amusement park. The kids got some tickets to go on rides and Sofia went on this "flying mat" by herself and in the beginning she laughed but when it got higher she looked terrified. But when she got down she said it was "Awesome!"
We all went on the spooky train and that was fun! Not that spooky but still...;) There were a lot of food of course and the kids had grilled corn but I just wanted a lemonade and since this is America, u get a one liter lemonade. OMG it was huge!! But I drank it all, took maybe 1 hour ;) We discussed this issue and it's the same when U order a ice cream with this "loose ice cream" with a lot of flavours. In Sweden, U can choose 3 different flavours and U'll eat it. Here I take 2 flavours and have to throw away some in the end. Their portions is huge!!! There is no chance U'll starve here ;)
The traffic was bad from Olympia, back home, so we were home around 8 and after unpacking I had to get out for a while. After this week and weekend with the kids, I needed a break from it all if I'll manage next week. So I went to Wendy's and bought a burger, then went to the baseball field and watched a game. There was this weird man in front of me who first was on his phone. When he hung up, he turned around, smiled at me and said that his brother was getting out of jail tomorrow ;) I was like: "Good for him" ;) He also said that he thought the brother had been there for 6 months but apparently it had been 1,5 years ;) I was like: "OK?" and U wanna share this with me because?...that's the thing with the Americans, they are so open ;)
Back home I was tired but I had to fix my work applications and it took some time cause the documents didn't want to do what I wanted but after some bad words and some fixing, I was done and could go to bed.


Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment